- What type of education is needed to become a mechanic?
- Is it hard to become a mechanic?
- How long does it take to become a mechanic in school?
- Do mechanics make good money?
- Who is the highest paid mechanic?
- What type of car mechanic makes the most money?
- What career pays 100K a year?
- What’s the highest paying car job?
- Is it worth becoming a mechanic?
- How much do top mechanics make?
- Is mechanic a good career?
What type of education is needed to become a mechanic?
A person can begin work as an automotive mechanic with just a high school degree, but most employers will prefer to hire only people with technical school certificate or associate’s showing their graduation from an automotive technology or similar program.
Is it hard to become a mechanic?
Even though it can be extremely tough, the physical labor of working as a mechanic can be very rewarding. Some people really enjoy being on their feet and working with their hands. If this is you, strap up and start wrenching. If not, make sure you strongly consider your path as a mechanic.
How long does it take to become a mechanic in school?
Over the course of two years, you can complete all the in-school requirements of your apprenticeship as well as a portion of the practical training. When you graduate, you will have a college diploma and be well on your way to completing your apprenticeship.
Do mechanics make good money?
Generally, mechanics make a decent living, earning a median annual salary of $36,600. But most are paid according to a “flat-rate” system, meaning that they only make money when there is actual work to be done. He makes $12 per hour for every hour he is at work, regardless of the workload.
Who is the highest paid mechanic?
repair of aircraft
What type of car mechanic makes the most money?
The Top 10 Highest Paying Careers for Mechanics
- #1 Aircraft Mechanic. Job Description.
- #2 Industrial Machinery Mechanic. Job Description.
- #3 Mobile Heavy Equipment Mechanic. Job Description.
- #4 Heating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Mechanic. Job Description.
- #5 Diesel Mechanic. Job Description.
- #6 Electrical Mechanic.
- #7 Radio Mechanic.
- #8 Automotive Mechanic.
What career pays 100K a year?
Low-stress jobs that pay $100K
- Food technologist.
- Marketing manager.
- Operations research analyst.
- Robotics engineer.
What’s the highest paying car job?
Career Options for the Highest-Paying Automotive Jobs
|Job Title||Median Salary (2018)*||Job Growth (2018-2028)*|
|Automotive Body and Glass Repairers||$41,330||4%|
|Transportation Equipment Painters||$42,280||5%|
|Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics||$40,710||-1%|
Is it worth becoming a mechanic?
Most people who become mechanics do it because they already know cars and perhaps have experience working on their own. Becoming a mechanic can be well worth the effort if you stick with it, and you can make good money doing it, but if you don’t plan on doing it for a living, then just stick to your own car repairs.
How much do top mechanics make?
How Much Do Auto Mechanic Jobs Pay per Hour?
|Annual Salary||Hourly Wage|
Is mechanic a good career?
There are many benefits that come with being an auto mechanic. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that requires little schooling, this is a great occupation to consider. Techs are in demand: With more than 276 million vehicles on the road in the United States, there is a great need for auto technicians.